ShenfieldDogWalker.co.uk is a part of the 'Essex Dogs' group, which is a trading name of Immersion UK Ltd, Registered Address: International House, 776 - 778 Barking Road, Barking, London E13 9PJ
Applicable Terms and Conditions are subject to variation from time to time and are permanently on display here, on www.shenfielddogwalker.co.uk. In booking and agreeing to use my dog walking, dog homestay boarding or dog sitting services you agree to these terms without reservation.
Any reference to 'your dog' also refers to multiple dogs if you entrust more than one dog from your household to my care.
I agree to adhere to any specific instructions given by you the owner in relation to the care and management of your dog.
I will take the utmost care of your dog, ensuring its safety and welfare always whilst in my care. I will do everything within my power to protect your dog from any danger and will treat your dog with the love, respect and kindness I would show my own dog, ensuring that they have the very best experience.
1. All clients will be deemed to have accepted my terms and conditions (as laid out here) on signature of the contract.
2. No booking is confirmed until a private consultation has been carried out with the client and the contract, with full details of client requirements, has been signed by the client.
3. Full payment for dog walking services (agreed either at time of booking or subsequently) for the coming week must be made at the time of booking in the case of new clients. Alternative individual terms may be agreed with established regular clients subject to mutual agreement.
4. Payment of 50% of the full cost for dog homestay or dogsitting services must be made at the time of booking, with the remaining 50% payable at the start of the booking. No alternative terms can be offered.
5. If you wish or need to cancel a dog walking booking it must be done no later than 7.00pm the day before the booking. I reserve the right to charge in full for any cancellation made with less notice. I arrive at your home and cannot gain entry to your home in your absence or the door is not answered, the walk be be fully chargeable.
6. If you wish or need to cancel a confirmed dog homestay or dogsitting booking, a cancellation fee of £45 will be payable and will be deducted from your advance payment prior to refund. The cancellation fee will be waived if I am able to accept an alternative dooking for the same services for the booked period.
7. You must provide all items necessary for the dog to be adequately cared for in the client's absence. (i.e., food, leads, tags, collars etc.). Should the dog require any additional supplies whilst in my care, these will be purchased and will become payable upon return of the dog.
8. The client must provide me with the name and contact number of someone capable of making a decision relating to the dog in an emergency or illness. If the contact is not available I reserve the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and then decide what is in the best interests of the dog.
9. The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst your dog is in my care.
10. Any behavioral problems with the dog must be explained at the time of booking. Failure to do so may result in additional charges or cancellation of any future contract.
11. Although I hold Pet Care and Public Liability insurance, you should have your own insurance for your dog(s). I reserve the right to refuse a booking for any dog which is not insured.
12. I will care for your dog as you would, and accoring to your instructions but while I will make every effort to ensure your dog is well looked after whilst in my care, I cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to a pet either inside or outside of the home whilst in my care.
13. Your dog must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flea and worm control regime. In booking my services you confirm that your dog's vaccinations are up to date (I require sight of documented proof and will take a copy for my records), and free from any infections or diseases. *In the case of homestay or dogsitting bookings, any medication provided by you must be clearly labeled and include detailed administration instructions.
14. Your dog will be walked individually in the first instance, accompanied only by dogs from your household if applicable. Dogs that have been walked individually for at least 2 weeks may be accepted for group walks (maximum 4 dogs) at your specific request but only if I believe your dog is adequately trained and socialized and likely to 'fit in' with other dogs in a group.
15. I reserve the right to cancel a dog walking agreement at any time and with immediate effect if the dog does not respond well.
16. I only walk dogs on a lead unless I accept your request to do otherwise and if a disclaimer form has been signed. I can only accept requests to walk a dog off-lead if I believe the dog will behave correctly and has good recall ability.
17. Your dog must wear an identity tag (provided by you) whilst in my care. and must be microchipped.
18. You agree to ensure your dog has not eaten in the hour before I collect him/her for a walk to ensure sufficient time to digest food before any exercise or play. Failure to do so may result in the potentially life-threatening condition Bloat (Gastric Torsion).
19. You agree to provide keys/arrange access to your dog so that I am able to collect your dog from your home for dog walking appointments.
20. In the unlikely event that it is necessary, you authorize me to obtain any emergency veterinary care that may be necessary during the time spent with your dog. Every effort will be made to contact you or any named contact prior to obtaining emergency care. You accept responsibility for any charges related to this emergency care. You also authorize me to utilize an alternative veterinarian in the event your regular veterinarian is unavailable.
Note: Should you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact me in writing by email for clarification, which I will be happy to provide.